Users of the site should comply with the following terms and conditions as well as Copyright considerations.
The site is available to all to use and share information. If you wish to add material to the site, you must register and comply with these conditions of registration.
Your use of the Site
All users of this site waive and release the site owners to the full extent permitted by law from any and all claims relating to the usage of material or information made available through the system. We take no responsibility for material on the site, which may inadvertently offend users, although we make all attempts to avoid this. If you have a complaint about any of the content contained on the Site you should contact us.
Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions in our own posted information as soon as practicable once they have been brought to our attention, we do not promise that it is correct.
In no event shall the site owners be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from use of the material.
We do not accept any liability for damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from your use of the Site and we cannot guarantee that any files that you download are free from viruses, contamination or destructive features.
Please ensure you run an effective virus detection system.
Each researched story offers you the opportunity make a comment. Your comment will not be published until it is authorised by the site administrator. If your comment is published, it is because the administrator has made the arbitrary decision not to allow the comment to be seen on the site. No correspondence will be entered into.
Links to and From Other Websites
The Prow includes links to other websites. We do not control such third party websites and are not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of links does not imply any endorsement of the material contained in such websites or any association with their operators.
Images have been supplied by a number of organisations or individuals. Each image has a caption which acknowledges the source of the image and, in most cases, a link to an organisation, which may be able to supply a high resolution or high quality print version of the image. Large versions of the images cannot be downloaded from this site.
Contact details for the organisations which have supplied most of the images for the site are:
- The Nelson Provincial Museum, Pupuri Taonga o Te Tai Ao, Cnr Trafalgar and Hardy Sts, Nelson, Tel. +64 3 548 9588, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marlborough Museum, Brayshaw Park, Blenheim, Tel. +64 3 578 1712
- Motueka Museum, 140 High Street, Motueka, Tasman 7120, +64 3 528 7660
- Alexander Turnbull Library, Timeframes, PO Box 12349, Wellington, Tel +64 4 474 3113, email@example.com
- Auckland City Library, PO Box 4138, Auckland (Maps Online conditions of use)
- New Zealand Electronic Text Centre, Victoria University of Wellington, P O Box 3438, Wellington, Tel +64 4 463 9734 , Library_Technologyservices@vuw.ac.nz